Your source for New England Patriots news, straight out of Gillette Stadium in Foxboro

Monday, July 18, 2011

Arian Foster, the NFL's leading rusher in 2010, played hide of a knee injury


The NFL rushing leader in 2010, Arian Foster of the Houston Texans , revealed that he played with torn meniscus, an injury that kept secret.
In an interview with The Sporting News, Foster, who set the record for most rushing yards for a player who was drafted into the Draft with 1.616, had surgery in February after being injured a cartilage in the Pro Bowl, held January 30 in Hawaii.
At that time, he underwent arthroscopic surgery on his knee less right and attributed his great season to "hard work and opportunity", he told the NFL Network.
"My responsibility and my job is to make sure that people in the team management does not replace search replace you because every day," said Foster.
"And therefore, I have to make sure I lock in the best way I run the best and caught passes for the best. That's my job. "
Voted number 25 on the vote of the players choose the best 100 of 2011, Foster pleaded as a great admirer of his colleagues Chris Johnson, Tennessee Titans and Adrian Peterson of the Minnesota Vikings, but he believes his style of play makes it more complete in another category. "What I think is unique about the way I play is in all aspects of the sport. I feel I can play excellently ... I feel that I like to lock in the best way I can catch the ball and I can run, "said Foster.