Your source for New England Patriots news, straight out of Gillette Stadium in Foxboro

Monday, May 9, 2011

I Like Cheerleaders More Than I Like Anything Else



from The Sun Chronicle:

A Norton High School graduate who honed her skills cheering on the Lancers has been named a captain of the New England Patriots cheerleading squad.

Kayla Vernaglia, 21, a 2007 Norton High graduate, was named one of four captains of the squad for the 2011 season, capping off her three-year career with the team.

"I had always hoped for it," Vernaglia said of being named captain. "But really, I just feel very fortunate that I can be a part of such a great team."

Vernaglia, who still lives in Norton, first decided to audition for the Patriots' cheer squad three years ago to use her dance skills in a new environment.

"It just seemed like a really fun job," she said.
Since then, she has enjoyed every minute, whether it's helping out in the community or cheering on the team from the sidelines on Sundays. "It's the best seat in the house," she said.

The 2011 season will be Vernaglia's last. The Patriots only allows cheerleaders to serve for a maximum of three years.

"You definitely don't realize three years flew by," she said.

As she enters her final year with the team, Vernaglia said she's hoping to cap her career with a trip to Indianapolis next February for Super Bowl XLVI.

"I'm 100 percent sure (the Pats) can do it," she said.

Yes.  Of course.  Anything you say.  I agree, my sweet turtledove.  I agree.